Tuesday 11 July 2017

Cup Finals and Merits at Meanwood Crown Green Bowling Club

A few shots from the last few weeks at Meanwood Bowling Club, a friendly club that is helping me develop as  a bowls player. Nothing better than playing on the green on a sunny day.

For those at the club check out the other blog called "Bowling Along " for more images.

The Cup Final was the ??????? played at Bramley Bowling Club between Meanwood and New Farnley. Hopes were high as the Meanwood team stepped out backed by  a few supporters who had travelled to cheer them on. Unfortunately New Farnley read a different script and played well on the night to run out winners. Next time I bring my camera to photograph the winning team hopefully Meanwood will oblige! ;-)
A few shots from the matches:




























With that defeat out of the way it was soon time for the Rollinson Pairs (No handicap ) club competition on Sunday 9th July 2019. This was the first time I`d been available to play in a cup but damn - no handicap to give me a chance. Still Bob was good enough to agree to partner me although I fear I let him down on the day with an inconsistent set of bowls. 6 teams played two sets of round robins with the winner of each mini league meeting in the final, best scores after 15 ends to win. 2 points for a win, bowling points deciding it in the event of a tie. Yet again the cup took place in scorching hot weather and the green was very fast. A few shots from along the way....
Mick prayed for success at the start

Doug assessing the lay of the land

Mick still praying as he awaited his partner



Tina leading out

Brian in thought

Go on, get in!

Now let`s see what you do Doug

Looking good!


Phil on line again!

Bob and Missie score

Sue gets in on the action


Ian with style


Arty one of Ian

and Brian


Falling at her feet!






Bob was lucky. Playing with me he got out of being in shot whilst playing

Thumbs up!

Another Ascent of Bowling Man shot

 Bowling their way through to the final were Ian and Doug (3 victories en route)  and Barbara and David (2 wins and a draw on the way - pleased to say me and Bob got the draw, our only point!)
The final







Close one coming

Spectators couldn`t take their eyes off the action

Well some watched at least!





Ian kept us all up to date










And the winners are ....

Ian and Doug with trophy presented by Lynda


Brian musing on the one that got away
I have these and other photos featuring you. If anyone from the bowls clubs wants one leave me a note with your email address and I`ll send you some full sized versions suitable for printing / your own use free of charge. I can get some printed if you prefer at cost to me. In the meantime I`ll dream of cups next year !

No comments:

Post a Comment