Sunday 11 September 2011

Between the Deep and the Big Blue Sea

More shots and comments from my recent trip to Kilham. Mixed weather meant a visit to the Deep at Hull one day. Brief review - well it`s OK but just a few fish really! One big tank to look at from 6/7 different angles and lots of video displays and a few cockroaches to make up the numbers. Charged parking too! Guessing my year long pass with the ticket might be underused. My favourites were certainly the spotted garden eels which burrowed deep then sprang up doing meerkat impressions and the jelly fish. All the shots required me using my D700 at up to 2000 ISO level and f 2.8-4 - I love my D700. No noise reduction  applied to any of these images.
























Spotted garden eels


By the next day it had stopped raining and we could visit Fraisethorpe beach - that`s more like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment