Sunday 19 June 2011

I did a Triathlon for Father`s Day!

Well - I shot one anyway! More work for an events company using my trusty old D80 and getting it right in camera first time for sales on-site!
Held at an army college base west of Harrogate. Of course despite having logged name / car registration I could not get past security at first but in the driving rain finally persuaded them that I was a photographer  not a terrorist  bent on disrupting the Harrogate Mini Triathlon!

It did brighten up during the day but was great to see really supportive parents urging their kids on throughout the event and saw some gritty performances that put me to shame. Not that it was easy standing in the same spot for 5 hours with my drinks left in the boot of my car because they made me park in the far one without recorded security clearance!!!

1 comment:

  1. By gum, I did a double take when I saw the headline, Paul! There's 'doing' and 'DOING' a triathalon! Security folk, eh?
    Love the blog - and the photos.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete